8.18.2008

LS9 - Kiwi

Photobucket

Block: LS9 - Kiwi
Started Quilt: 07/02/08
Block Completed: 08/18/08
Number of Pieces: 7
Description: Hand Applique

Blocks: 13
Triangles: 2
Kites: 0
Total Pieces: 195

This was a fun one to do. I liked the name and let it direct which green fabric I used. The fabric kinda reminded me of the fuzzy bits on the outside of a kiwi fruit - little green hairs! Have I done any of my other green blocks? I don't think so... maybe just one? Anyway I still need to figure out a few things with the applique techniques I've been trying. My next experiment after completing this block is to give up on pins. They always seem to make things worse for me whenever I use them. I had the shapes on this block laid out perfectly then pinned them and it all went to hell in a hand basket. Oh well. I'll try basting or using the spray next time to get things to stick and stay where they should. I don't think it's terrible but I know I could've done better. At least my points are improving!

No comments: