11.26.2010

Strip Poker!

This past summer one of the guilds I belong to played a game of strip poker. It was loads of fun and we all had a good laugh. Of course I lost my shirt but then again I've never been good at this sort of thing. ^^ It was still fun though.

I was telling a friend of mine about it and she asked for the rules so that her guild could play but I couldn't for the life of me remember where I'd put them. Well, wouldn't you know it? I tucked them into a book I was intending to read way back in July... I just picked it up and out they fell. So since I was typing them all up for her anyway, I thought I share with you too. Enjoy!

RULES FOR QUILTERS STRIP POKER
  • Each table should have 9 or 10 players but absolutely no more then 10
  • Each player should have 12 charm strips 2.5" x 45" (or width of fabric)
  • Be sure the JOKERS are taken OUT of the deck. Shuffle the cards thoroughly!
  • To begin, each player must ante one strip into the pot
  • The dealer gives each player a card (face up), if the card is a diamond, club or spade, the player must put one of their strips into the pot, but if the card is a heart, the player gets to take two strips out of the pot. If ther are no more strips in the pot, the player who gets a heard loses the opportunity to take strips out of the pot, however, the player who gets a diamond, club or spade must put a strip into the pot.
  • Repeat above step until all the players have five cards. The winner of the pot is the player who has the most duplicates (5's or kings or 9's, etc) of the highest card value (Ace is high, 2 is low). NO OTHER standard poker hands are valid. If two or more players have the same duplicates, the face value of the next highest card in the hands determines the winner. For example K-K-Q beats K-K-J because the Q is higher then the J.

ORDER OF WINNING HANDS FROM LOWEST TO HIGHEST
Two of a kind
Two sets of two of a kind
Three of a kind
Four of a kind

1 comment:

Andie Johnson said...

This is a riot! How fun is this - will have to forward this to my guild gals.