11.10.2010

Celtic Knot-Work Quilt

I might have mentioned I've been tossing a few original quilt designs around in my head. This would be one of them...
Photobucket
I've always been very partial to celtic knot-work and Ireland (having been more then a few times) so it seems appropriate. However I'm a bit stuck on color and texture ideas. I don't know that I want to go so cliche and make it in off whites and greens, however appropriate. I want to somehow modernize it, use scraps and lots of colors but still make it work as obvious knot-work. It would be easy to make scrappy as it's basic unit is a 2" block, everything is based on that and comprised of half-square and quarter-square triangles. Guess I'll have to think about it some more.

2 comments:

Caron at Michigan Quilts said...

I love it! I adore Celtic patterns... I did one in 2008... http://blog.caronmosey.com/2008/07/another-block-another-quilt.html

crafty teach said...

I think you should do the knot in shades of green and the background in shades of purple. That would be mighty pretty.